Monday 12 March 2012

A Typical Viewer For My Film And Representation

A typical viewer for my film would be someone who has an interest in horror films such as Paranormal Activity or The Grudge. They would be between the ages of 15 and 18, as this is the age range I am creating my film for. When carrying out research on horror films, I found out that many of them are targeted to someone of the age of 15-18 or older, for example The Grudge.  In my questionnaire, I found that many of the people I asked were within this age range.
The most popular genre of film chosen was horror and comedy. Some examples of favourite horror films included The Grudge, Inception, and The Ring. From these ideas, I decided that a typical viewer for my film would like to see elements or conventions of these films, in other films that would be made.

    

These elements will include ghosts, blood, gory scenes, and torturing scenes.

Representation

The main social class that I have used in my film opening is lower class. This is because all the characters I have used are older teenagers who are 15-18. I have represented them so the stereotype of teenagers has been reinforced, as going out with friends, and being quite daring or rebellious. I have represented them in this way because this is the idea that the audience will have about this group of people, as they can relate to them in some way as they are in the same social group. Also because the opening is only 2 minutes, and so I had to make it fairly easy to guess what the main stereotype or social group was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment