Tuesday 21 February 2012

Location Ideas For My Film Opening

Horror film locations are often based on the connotation of being alone or isolated. These types of places can include: dark, narrow alleyways or streets, and small community areas.
Other horror locations could be places like graveyards, parks, subways, undergrounds, science labs and hotels.
 This is the main location in Amityville Horror; the house. A haunted house can be seen as a typical location for a horror film.

I have made a list of possible location ideas in which my opening sequence can be filmed.

Possible location ideas for my film opening would be:
  • Park - With open spaces and a small building (Hiding places)
  • Graveyard/Church
  • Town centre - Isolated
  • Deserted areas
  • A house
  • A forest 
  • Hospital
  • Countryside
  • School
I have chosen a park to be my location for the opening of my film. This will give me the right mise-en-scene and sound that I need within my film. I think it will work better than others as my location.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment